Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rock N' Roll Half Marathon/Army Ten Miler

Greetings Divas-

As soon as the prom and graduation festivities came to a close training for 2 major running events, the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon and the Army Ten-Miler, began to consume my time. In September Hubby and I ran the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon as a relay team--I ran the first 7.9 miles and Hubby completed the remaining 5.2 miles. With a portion of the race course along the beautiful Virginia Beach boardwalk it's quite  easy to become captivated by the scenery. On the day of the race the temperatures were in the 80's and the humidity was high so maintaining mental focus was of utmost importance. The post-race festivities took place along the boardwalk and many of the runners hung out on the beach after the race. Hubby and I decided to treat ourselves to a couples massage at Massage Envy so we didn't stick around for the post-race festivities. This is a race we definitely plan to run again but next time we'll enjoy the post-race festivities before heading off for our massages. Proceeds from the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. On October 21st I ran the Army Ten-Miler and this is by far has the most motivating race I've ever participated in!! This is such a popular race it is literally sold out within hours. After missing the registration for the past 2 years (last year it sold out 17 minutes before I got online to register) this year I awoke at 4:15 a.m. to register before I got ready for work. There's much to be said for determination! I was so motivated by the Wounded Warriors who participated in the Army Ten-Miler. I'm still trying to wrap my brains around their level of perseverance. Each time a Wounded Warrior was spotted in the crowd of runners, other runners and spectators would shout out words of encouragement--motivating, truly motivating. I'm already excited about running the Army Ten Miler in 2013. Army Morale, Welfare, and Recreation programs for Soldiers and their families benefit from the proceeds of this race. Below is the video clip as I'm about to cross the finish line, I'm on the far left in the pink shirt with both hands raised high in the air (and yes that's my loud mouth you hear) enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment