Wednesday, December 10, 2014

McCall’s 6394

Greetings Dolls~I can't believe so much time has slipped past since my last post. I really need to make a New Years resolution to update this blog more frequently. Well enough of the chatter let's move on to my reason for this post, McCall’s 6394. It was completed back in March and I've worn it several times. This dress has no 'hanger appeal' but when worn it is a very nice dress.





















McCall’s 6394
Pattern Description:
Lined dress, sleeveless, short sleeves, or 3/4 length sleeves, can be sewn in one single fabric color, or color blocked. McCall’s 6394 can be sewn with a deep V-neckline or rounded neckline. The pattern has options for A, B, C, and, D cup sizing.

Pattern Sizing:
6-14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, my version looks exactly like View C. I added a fabric made with the Charcoal Grey Ponte De Roma. 

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The pattern instructions were clear and I did read them thoroughly, but I changed several things and sewed without referring to them. The pattern envelope has "EASY" in bold letters on the front and I would disagree with that. I don't think a pattern with 11 pieces and right angled yokes should be considered easy. It is not difficult to sew, but someone with limited sewing experience might become very frustrated trying to construct this "EASY" pattern.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved the overall silhouette and the trendy color-blocked design.

Fabric Used:
Tan moleskin purchased at JoAnn’s Fabrics several years ago and Charcoal Grey Ponte De Roma purchased from Vogue Fabrics online.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did my usual 3/8” shoulder adjustment at the back shoulder seam and added 4” to the length.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I plan to make it again in a solid black and houndstooth check. I would not recommend this pattern for a beginner sewer.

Conclusion:

I love this dress !! I receive compliments each time I wear it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is VERY nice. Love the color combination and you achieved the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terri, I really love this dress. Soon, I'll post my 2nd version of this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about making this dress and did an online search of others who had sewn it. Yours looks great! I love the sophisticated color combination you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey, it is truly one of my favorite garments.

      Delete
  4. What a great dress! I love the fabrics you chose. The color blocking is great and you look wonderful in it! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marvita this is one of my favorites.

      Delete